Welcome to Remark!
Remark allows you to create and manage a complete web site by creating static web pages which are built up from html tags which you define (plus any normal html, of course).
The tags can be as simple or as sophisticated as you need and because you have access to the full power of REBOL's dialecting within them, you can truly create powerfull and simple to use tags.
This is an alpha release, and does not yet include all core tags which are part of the planned release package. I will be adding new more powerfull core tags sporadically, so check back often for any updates.
Because of the modular and user extensible nature of remark, you have the possibility to add your own tags to the engine, very easily. You are welcome to send any custom tags my way, if they are widely usable, I will be happy to include them in the default distribution of remark.
- Create your own html tags and use them within your pages. Allows programable tags, and static html based tags.
- Multi-page management. Handles all the files in a web site recursively. Even creates dirs at destination, if new ones are added in source.
- Multi-site management allows you to configure all of your sites to be used within the same ui, so you don't have to sprawl.
- Synchronise source and release sites, copying only user-specified file types (ascii and binary types are separate lists).
- Reasonably Fast. The more you leave as html, the faster remark parsing... so its easy to optimise, when this is an issue.
- Simple GUI to let you update changes applied to source(s) on a click of a mouse.
- Persistently reparsed source files, so that your tags can even use custom tags as part of the html code they generate. This means that the engine reparses until no more custom tags exist within the source page. Allows you to scale and leverage your html layout by creating low-level tags (like menus) and then assembling them in higher-order tags (like a header, footer or even an automatic per style template).
- Includes a powerfull set of standard custom tags fully integrated within REBOL: pseudo-absolue-paths, code-view, auto-css, date/time, make-doc (forthcomming)
- Page Templates can be built and then filled up by setting up layout and data entry tags.
- CSS Friendly .
- API defined Global REBOL values allows your custom tags to know where they are within a site and create tags which are page/section/path dependent, even though the same tag is used in all pages. As an example, menus can be different when the current page is a direct link to one of its menu items.
- External config files, loaded at run time. Allows you to setup global and per site tags, templates and intrates all sites within one GUI.
- Can be a very compact and scalable platform to GENERATE XML files for other softwares to use. Specifically because of Remark's persistent parsing nature. In a future release, remark will get explicit XML parsing tools.
last updated: 16-Feb-2006/22:32:51-5:00